Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday

First, a note on my blog. I changed one of my settings so that you don't have to be registered on the blog to make comments. I look forward to hearing your comments.

We have been here 4 days now. From my experience leading students abroad, as well as from our representatives at UCEL, at first it's good for the students to spend more time with me, for me to show them around, etc. As time goes on, however, it's important for the students to develop friendships with others their own age. This is one of the great strengths of partnering with UCEL. There are a lot of students here interested in meeting and communicating with non-native Spanish speakers in both Spanish and as a way to improve their English skills. And I feel better that the UCEL students are well known.

After we return from Buenos Aires, our students will start their classes a week before the regular UCEL students start. This will allow them to get used to taking classes and feeling comfortable around the campus before things get busier on campus.

Chau,

Jim

1 comment:

  1. From the photos and postings it looks like you are well on your way to accomplishing much in Argentina. I like the one week start in advance of the UCEL students also. We wish you wonderful experiences and mind opening learning. You sure have our admiration and attention so please, post,post,post as we love to follow your adventure in learning in Argentina! Have fun and we all will check back soon. Frank principe

    ReplyDelete